Sunday 11 April 2010


Yesterday's SYF Band Competition was an eye-opener. Surprisingly, I only realized then that band members have put in a lot of effort and hours to practise for one performance that was only about 10 minutes. And this is despite seeing them every Thursday and every other days playing their instruments under the hot sun. And they have been practicing at the field every morning even before school starts. Now that's what I call commitment and dedication.

I know how they felt when I saw some of them cry after the results were announced. Disappointment. It's like the amount of work they've put in wasn't enough to get them the award they wanted. But the truth is, I believe they do deserve it. I guess it's just that their performance wasn't as fantastic or spectacular to the judges as compared to other schools.

Hmm.. I'm glad they still had the spirit to 'announce' their presence to people in McDonald's and other commuters near Lot 1. Haha.

On the whole, I hope yesterday is one of those days that I can remember till whenever. With things like Mr Chua's uber epic expression when Hafiz and I had to leave the Affirmation Ceremony, rushing to reach the competition on time, coolio band performances, reminiscing the Paramore concert, the super friendly 15-year-old New Zealand girl that looks older, talking and joking at McDonald's with the guys and of course Syafiqah, maybe I will. =]

No comments: